One of the most influential, and perhaps overlooked, of them was the Hungarian analyst Sndor Ferenczi. Apart from Freud, Ferenczi is the analyst from that pioneering generation who addresses most immediately the concerns of contemporary psychoanalysts. In Ferenczi's Turn in Psychoanalysis fifteen eminent scholars and clinicians from six different countries provide a comprehensive and rigorous examination of Ferenczi's legacy.
Although the contributors concur in their assessment of Ferenczi's stature, they often disagree in their judgments about his views and his place in the history of psychoanalysis. For some, he is a radically iconoclastic figure, whose greatest contributions lie in his challenge to Freudian orthodoxy; for others, he is ultimately a classical analyst, who built on Freud's foundations.
Divided into three sections, Contexts and Continuities, Disciple and Dissident, and Theory and Technique, the essays in Ferenczi's Turn in Psychoanalysis invite the reader to take part in a dialogue, in which the questions are many and the answers open-ended. Create a link to share a read only version of this article with your colleagues and friends. Please read and accept the terms and conditions and check the box to generate a sharing link. Budapest: Typotex, Although his ideas on the psychoanalytical understanding of spiritualistic phenomena and telepathy were not developed theories, they had a strong influence on some representatives of psychoanalysis, and thus underlay the psychoanalytic interpretation of telepathy.
- Shopping Cart?
- Navigation menu.
- The Complicated Way.
- KNOWLEDGE AND SENSE OF REALITY IN SÁNDOR FERENCZI’S THOUGHT.
- Concerto in D Minor - Viola 2;
- Make It Safe: A Guide to Food Safety!
- KENNST DU DAS AUCH, TONI?: 85 wahre, lustige, unglaubliche, schreiend komische, verrückte und interessante Episoden aus dem wahren Leben (German Edition)?
Research off-campus without worrying about access issues. Find out about Lean Library here. Skip to main content. History of the Human Sciences.
Article Menu. Download PDF.
Cite Citation Tools. How to cite this article If you have the appropriate software installed, you can download article citation data to the citation manager of your choice. Download Citation If you have the appropriate software installed, you can download article citation data to the citation manager of your choice.
Share Share. Recommend to a friend. Sharing links are not available for this article. I have read and accept the terms and conditions. Copy to clipboard. Request Permissions View permissions information for this article. Article information. Article Information Volume: 25 issue: 2, page s : Article first published online: May 4, ; Issue published: April 1, Abstract Full Text Abstract.
The “Return of Totemism in Childhood”: Freud and Ferenczi on Children and Animals
Sign Out. Email required Password required Remember me Forgotten your password? Need to activate? Institutional Access does not have access to this content. Open Athens.
Ferenczi's Turn in Psychoanalysis, by Peter L. Rudnytsky et al. | The Online Books Page
Purchase Content 24 hours online access to download content. Subscribe to this journal. Recommend to your library. Rent with DeepDyve. Rent Article. Your Access Options. Forgotten your password? Article available in:.
- Creme of Africa?
- Adobe Analytics with SiteCatalyst Classroom in a Book.
- Sploosh: A Brazen Journey through the Moist Undergarments of Office Intrigue!
- Murder in Key West - A Mick Murphy Key West short story (Mick Murphy Key West Mystery);
- The High School Boys Fishing Trip.
- Fundamentals of Laser Micromachining.
Find out more. Tips on citation download. Google Scholar Medline. Brabant, E. Google Scholar. Carrington, H.
- Okay So Your Wife Isnt That Good...Get Back in My Bed! (The Clean-Up Woman Chronicles Book 2).
- Literaturverfilmung und literarischer Film: Phänomene des Neuen Deutschen Kinos - Exemplifiziert an Fassbinders Fontane Effi Briest (German Edition);
- In Search of Noahs Art!
- Sándor Ferenczi - New World Encyclopedia?
- Pregnant Desires.
- The Praxis;
Deutsch, H. Devereux, G.
Ferenczi, Sándor 1873-1933
New York : International Universities Press. Ehrenwald, J. Eisenbud, J. Elekes, M. Ferenczi, S.